Abbotsford Preparatory School isn't just an outstanding place to learn - it's a great place to work too!
Our Current Vacancies
Key Stage 1 Teaching Assistant
We are looking for an outstanding KS1 Teaching Assistant to join our dedicated and hard-working school in Urmston, Manchester.
Abbotsford Preparatory School
We are delighted to be rated an 'Outstanding' school by the Independent Schools Inspectorate (ISI) and this is down to a love of learning which is instilled from an early age with high-quality teaching and an environment where your child will feel valued and happy.
Based in Urmston, we have earned the reputation as one of the most sought-after independent schools in Manchester. Children thrive in our small classes, where they receive the attention necessary for success. Abbotsford truly is the ultimate choice for boys and girls from nursery age through to Year 6.
About the Role
This is an exciting opportunity for a qualified, imaginative and driven assistant who wants to join an innovative, forward-thinking and committed team.
The successful candidate will have teaching assistant experience and be a dynamic and engaging professional.
· Working co-operatively with other teachers and assistants in the class
· To understand what constitutes quality care and education
· To have a thorough knowledge and understanding of child development
· To demonstrate a thorough knowledge of safeguarding children
· To understand what constitutes good health and safety practice
· To ensure that best practice is employed within our setting
· To be responsible for the maintenance and resourcing of the outdoor area.
· To show personal and professional integrity and confidentiality
· To provide a warm, caring and stimulating environment for the children
· To build strong links with parents and liaise with parents as required
· To work effectively within a team and give support to colleagues
· To attend and contribute to staff meetings, training sessions and inset days
· To have a high regard for the culture of the school
Contract Type: Full-Time
Closing Date for Applications: 26th April 2021, at 10am
Expected Start Date: September 2021
Salary: Commensurate on experience
To find out more about this role, please read the Job Description.
HOW TO APPLY
The school is committed to safer recruitment practice and pre-employment checks will be undertaken before any appointment is confirmed. This post is subject to an enhanced disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service. The School will meet the cost of obtaining this check.