Key Stage 2 Teacher
We are currently looking for a Key Stage 2 Teacher to join our team in Abbotsford Preparatory School in Urmston, Manchester.
This is an exciting opportunity for individuals passionate about a career in early years education, who really want to make a difference and help shape young lives.
About Abbotsford Preparatory School
Abbotsford, founded in 1908, is a highly regarded, thriving independent co-educational day school with pupils aged from 4 months to 11 years. Our setting provides the ideal setting for creating a secure and happy atmosphere, which encourages each child to develop their gifts and unlock their potential. Our pupils benefit from a broad and varied curriculum and the quality of the teaching leads to excellent academic achievement with outstanding results for children transitioning from Year Six into their secondary schools of first choice.
About the Position
- To be aware of the relevant developments to Key Stage 2 teaching, learning, assessment and recording, both locally and nationally
- To deliver lessons which are consistently judged as good or outstanding in line with the school’s expectations
- Implement and deliver lessons of an excellent standard to pupils in the class, enabling all pupils to benefit from the learning.
- Prepare lesson plans and learning materials to facilitate positive pupil development, as well as assessments that can accurately determine pupils progress and ways in which you can facilitate pupil development.
- To continue to develop and update the school curriculum, enabling your lessons to always adapt to needs of individual pupils or classes.
- Always teach pupils according to their individual educational needs, ensuring that your lessons are engaging for all in the class.
- Part of this role will involve safeguarding responsibilities including the reporting of any safeguarding concerns to the Designated Safeguarding Team
You will be an experienced teacher with a thorough, up to date knowledge and understanding of the KS1 and KS2 National Curriculum programmes of study, its level descriptors for examinations.
Our classes are small with an emphasis on individual attention and we aim for our students to leave us as confident, happy, articulate and enthusiastic individuals.
Whether you are a NQT or seasoned practitioner, the key quality we are searching for is the ‘wow factor’ in the classroom – can you grab the attention of the whole class and keep it whilst delivering outstanding teaching to each student? Are you prepared to think carefully about how to enhance your lessons, your classroom and your pastoral care? Do you have the passion to ‘roll-up your sleeves’ and ‘get stuck-in’ in every aspect of our small school? If you do, we’d like to talk to you.
If you feel that this post may be of interest to you, we would warmly welcome your application. If you require any additional information, please do not hesitate to contact the school directly.
Job Type: 1 Year Fixed Term, Term Time, 0.8 FTE
Working Pattern: Monday to Friday
Salary: Commensurate on Experience
Application Closing Date: 6th June 2022
Benefits: Wellness Programme, Company Pension, Life Assurance
Start Date: Immediate start available
To find out more about this role, please read the Job Description.
How To Apply.
To apply, please complete the Application Form and return it to firstname.lastname@example.org
Abbotsford Preparatory School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. Applicants for ALL jobs will undergo appropriate child-protection screening including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check to enhanced level, costs are covered by the company. This role is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and the Amendments to the Exceptions Order 1975, 2013 and 2020.